Sunday, December 19, 2010

almost-but-not-quite-thanksgiving-post


Today was the field trip to the Walker Art Center/Thang in MN and then the History Museum afterwards to draw taxidermy and things of that nature.

After the bus mishap… at the Walker, I wasn’t really feelin’ it. I didn’t really see anything that I thought was all that specatacular to be honest. I don’t know if I’m just not into interpretive art or modern art or whatever but I really didn’t see anything that I liked. Well, I take that back—the photography part was tolerable. But everything else was kind of just there.

Can I just say that the nude live models in the feather nest thing were strange and I didn’t get it at all? Can I say that? Cause I did. The only part of the Walker that I liked (besides the photog stuff) was the very top level of the Walker, it was this big room with shapes on the wall in red, blue, and yellow. Pretty sure that wasn’t even an exhibit, just a regular room.. but it was better than everything else in there. We didn’t go out by the Sculpture Garden, kind of just said forget it and waited to leave.

Originally I thought that the loss of time because of the bus was going to be really unfortunate and that we wouldn’t be able to see anything but… I’m glad we lost time, I’m not sure why I didn’t like anything in there, but I just couldn’t get amped about it. Oh well, better luck next time I ‘spose.

Now, at the History Museum that I thought was going to be boring, I really liked it. I ended up drawing a beaver eating some tree trunks and stuff. My drawing I spent wayyy more time on the tree trunks than the actual animal, fur is kind of difficult to draw, ferreal. Um, yeah at the end I was just kind of listening to my iPod and there was some really upbeat punk and ska music playing so I just made really really fast marks going to the beats of the songs for the fur, so it’s kind of sporadic…


No comments:

Post a Comment