Tuesday, December 21, 2010

(Dec. 4)



This week we looked at drawing the feet and hands of the model. We were lectured on how similar the bone structure is between the two parts. Initially I was dreading any and all drawings that would have to be centered on hands and feet. They’re the two body parts that are extremely difficult to draw well. The proportions are difficult and hands and feet will look goofy with even the slightest error. No pressure.
I didn’t really like my first attempts at drawing feet, however, my fourth attempt (yes, fourth) was satisfactory, I think the contour lines helped a lot to show the form of the different toes and such. Originally Amy I think told us to concentrate on how the tendons and muscles were working as a cohesive group to create the shape and form of the calf part of the leg as well as the foot. I think I drew too quickly still with this particular drawing and again I drew really dark. I have been trying to be aware of how frequently I outline, it’s becoming rather annoying to say the least. I really like the drawings where they’re light and subtle with implied lines, but either I am not there yet or it is just not my style.
We also drew hands. We drew each other’s hands and needless to say I think with all of the stress from Thanksgiving break being over and all the coming up deadlines being right around the corner, people were getting rather annoyed. It’s weird when we are the ones being drawn, opposed to the ones doing the actual drawing. I would much rather do the drawing from now on. Please and Thank you. My hand drawings were pretty hideous. Feet, meh. I’m just going to stick with full body forms…. The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment